Friday, November 21, 2014

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.484

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be starting a new painting. The photo that I will be using is seen directly below. It is a 2nd empire style Victorian in Cape May, New Jersey. I will be using my usual acrylics on an 8 inch by 10 inch gallery-wrapped canvas. I will be using it in a vertical orientation to emphasize the height of the house.

I began with a grid on the photo and duplicated that on the canvas. Then I drew the outline of the house using the grid as a guide. The architecture is a a bit complicated but I am pleased with the progress so far.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home