Friday, November 07, 2014

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.482

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the painting of the Cape May bungalow. The photo that I am using is seen directly below. I will be using my usual acrylics on a tiny 6 inch by 6 inch gallery-wrapped canvas.

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.

Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.

There are several changes for this week. Most notable amongst these is the color of the shaded area under the porch. I have made a fairly dramatic change to a much bluer color. I've also obscured the windows and door just a bit. I think that this color works much better in this context. Further changes include color changes to the buildings to either side of the bungalow. Additionally, the highlights on the railings have been carried down the front edge. Finally, the highlighted area of the awning has been brightened.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have a more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Kollar said...

I just noticed this for some reason: the wheels on the cars look a lot like Hot Wheels. :-P

It feels like pieces of this one at least are close to done. Lots of detail to go, though.

11:29 PM  
Blogger boran2 said...

Yep, they do look like Hot Wheels, simple but effective. Maybe I did that subconsciously. It is done now after adding a few more changes.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home