Friday, March 15, 2013

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.396

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with painting the painting of the 1949 Packard. I'm using my usual acrylic paints on a large 20x20 inch gallery-wrapped canvas. The photo that I am using is seen directly below.

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.

Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.

I have continued to work my way downward. But first I took a little detour straightening the middle grille bar. After that I added white to the two lower bars. Each has the blue shading at the leading edge. Between the bars, blue paint has been added. The blue continues above the bumper. Note that the bumper has received some white paint on its right upper edge. There is much left to do. I'm hoping to have this one ready for the April show.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Kollar said...

Above the bumper, it's really taking on the 3D effect now. Lookin' good, I think this will be one of your better car paintings!

8:32 AM  
Blogger boran2 said...

Thanks Larry! I hope so. ;-)

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home