Friday, January 18, 2013

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.388

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the painting of the Cape May, New Jersey houses. I am using my usual acrylic paints on an 8x8 inch gallery-wrapped canvas. The photo that I'm using appears directly below.

When last seen, the photo appeared as it does in the photo directly below.

Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.

I have continued to add to the house on the right. I've now finished the windows including those facing the right. Note also the lit area on the right facing wall. That lighting is also present on the roof above and the roof of the house to the left. Moving back to the house to the right, note the shading of the entry area on the lower right side. It was achieved with the addition of some blue paint to the beige color used in on the siding. I've also added some paint to the brick flower boxes at the base of the house.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week.  See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Kollar said...

I had to look to see a difference between the two. The differences are obvious once you find them, but I'm usually not that observant. :-P

9:46 PM  
Blogger boran2 said...

Hi Larry! I'm glad that they were visible. Even I had to look carefully. ;-)

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home