Friday, February 22, 2013

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.393

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with painting the painting of the 1949 Packard. I'm using my usual acrylic paints on a large 20x20 inch gallery-wrapped canvas. The photo that I am using is seen directly below.

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.

Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.

You'll have to look a bit carefully to see this week's changes, but they are there. I've continued to refine the image in preparation for the reflections and other details to come. The long horizontal grille bars are mostly done with only some minor refinements needed to the far side of the car. Above, the central grille is finished except for a few spots that will need a light overpaint for uniformity purposes. To each side, the headlights have received some paint but will need further work. Finally, I've painted over the orange lines above the central grille.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Larry Kollar said...

This is really looking sharp! Did you use a straightedge to get the lines so straight?

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home