Friday, January 11, 2013

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.387

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the painting of the Cape May, New Jersey houses. I am using my usual acrylic paints on an 8x8 inch gallery-wrapped canvas. The photo that I'm using appears directly below.

When last seen, the photo appeared as it does in the photo directly below.

Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.

I have continued to move from left to right. For this week's installment, I've done significant work to the house on the right. The beige paint now covers the entire surface. I will make some adjustments as some blue was mixed in. Speaking of blue, the blue trim surrounds the now-completed windows, entry and porch. Well, the porch and entry still need some work. Above, I've added a layer of paint to the sky. Gone are the reference marks from the initial brushstrokes. Below, the street now appears a bit darker.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week.  See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Kollar said...

Yay, it's really starting to stand out now. Lookin' good!

9:32 PM  
Blogger boran2 said...

Thanks Larry! I'm satisfied with things so far. Hopefully it will all come together.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home