Friday, November 16, 2012

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.379

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the the paining of the vintage Hudson photograph. I'll be using my usual acrylic paints on an 8x10 gallery wrapped canvas. The photo appears directly below.

When last seen, that painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.

Sinc that time I have continued to work on the painting.

This painting has actually gone through many, many changes since it was last seen here. I started by cleaning up the sky and background. I then moved on to the Hudson and figure. I needed to start making decisions about the colors that would help define those main elements. I painted the dress yellow and the Hudson blue. Subsequently, I realized that the car's chrome elements would require blue for at least part of those components. I changed the car body to brown but was not happy with the color. I then painted it black. Black looked better and will provide a better base for the highlights to come. I've also painted part of the background and woman's hair.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home