Friday, November 30, 2012

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.381

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the the painting of the vintage Hudson photograph. I'll be using my usual acrylic paints on an 8x10 gallery wrapped canvas. The photo appears directly below.

When last seen, that painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.

Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.

I have concentrated my efforts directly on the Hudson. I spent some time addressing the front tire/wheel. It has been thoroughly revised. The tire, now fairly round and with reasonable proportions, houses a highlighted and shadowed wheelcover. While the band of the whitewall resides a bit too close to the wheelcover, it was well enough painted that I did not want to reverse course to correct the spacing. It will just have to remain a bit less than perfect.

The chrome molding along the doors and the base has been highlighted and shadowed. It gives the car a nice sweep of length. (The figure provides an interesting and contrasting vertical.) Notice that the figure casts her shadow on the black paint and chrome. Underneath the Hudson, the car now casts a shadow that continues within the front wheelwell. Looking within the Hudson's windows, the far side of the interior is seen in blue. Finally, the figure has received some flesh-colored paint.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home