Friday, July 11, 2014

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.465

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with painting of the Cold Spring, New York house. The photo that I will be using is seen directly below. I will be using my usual acrylics on an 8x8 gallery-wrapped canvas.

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.

Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.

There has been a significant change since last week, done with only one color. Okay, two if you count the white. I have attempted to move along the shadowed surfaces of the structure. What was previously only a thin wash of blue paint is now a solid shadow, stretching from the right side to the turreted section. Punctuating the surface are the windows, now captured in a darker shade of the same blue color. In doing all of this, I have also attempted to cover most of the remaining white sections of canvas.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have a more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home