Friday, May 02, 2014

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.455

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with painting of the 1937 Rolls Royce. The photo that I will be using is seen directly below. I will be using my usual acrylics on an 9x12 gallery-wrapped canvas.

 photo paintRR_zpsa80c7cc2.jpg

But first, some very good news. The Holbrook , Az service station was selected for the juried show at the Kent Art Association, in Kent, Connecticut. It is now hanging in the current show for those in the area. It is seen below.

I am very pleased.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.

Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.

I have concentrated most of my efforts directly on the car. The grille and headlights have been painted with some of the details seen in the photo. I'm going to refine the bars of the grille a bit and add highlights for next week's cycle. Below, the bumper has also received some attention, now appearing in a light blue. The wheels have their whitewalls and the start of the chrome rims. Looking at it now, I'll have to reshape them just a bit. The fenders have also been given some paint along with the windows. Finally, a touch of green now appears just ahead of the car, on the right side of the painting.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home