Friday, May 09, 2014

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.456

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with painting of the 1937 Rolls Royce. The photo that I will be using is seen directly below. I will be using my usual acrylics on an 9x12 gallery-wrapped canvas.

 photo paintRR_zpsa80c7cc2.jpg

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.

Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.

Once again, I have concentrated my efforts on the car itself. The changes are many. Note that the grille has highlights and darkened areas, including the emblem at the top. It really has taken on something of the quality of metal. Out in front of the grille is the auxiliary headlight, standing above the bumper. The main headlights have received attention in the form of shadowing of the lenses. Below them are the dual horns. The wheels have been painted and the whitewalls whitened. Above, the windows and their frames have been painted. Finally, the fenders have received another lighter layer of paint. All of this has been done with black and white paints, and derivatives thereof. The car is now essentially done, with perhaps only a few tweaks remaining.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home