Friday, January 17, 2014

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.440

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the painting of the turreted Cape May, New Jersey house. The photo that I will be using is seen directly below. I will be using my usual acrylics on a 8x10 gallery-wrapped canvas.

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.

Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.

For this week I have continued to move ahead on the house itself as well as some of the other elements. Starting at the top, I have added a layer of paint to the sky. It is not the final layer but simply evens things out for visual purposes. Moving down a bit, the roof of the turret has been repainted and now matches that of the porch. The prior inconsistency had been bugging me a bit. On the third story, I've reshaped some shadows just a bit. On the first story and below, I've refined things a bit but there is still much to do in this section. At the base, I've begun to paint the sidewalk. Finally, the structure next door has received its first layer of paint. It is a bit too dark and will change in future installments.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home