Friday, December 20, 2013

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.436

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be starting an entirely painting. The photo that I will be using is seen directly below. I will be using my usual acrylics on a 8x10 gallery-wrapped canvas.

This is a house in Cape May, New Jersey that I have actually painted once before many years ago, but not very well. This time around I intend to do much better. Currently, this house does not look as it does in the photo. It has since been painted in a bizarre combination of red and ochre. Pretty it is not. Thankfully, I have my old photo for reference.

I started with a grid and then drew in the outline of the house. I have painted in some color to better highlight the outline of the home. I'm pleased so far.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home