Friday, November 01, 2013

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.429

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the painting of the Grand Canyon. The photo that I will be using is seen directly below. I will be using my usual acrylics on a 12x12 gallery-wrapped canvas.

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.

Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.

I have tried to follow the pattern of pencil shapes and start to reveal the lit and shadowed areas. That took some time but was well worth the effort. I now have a road map of the scene. Blue/purple appears in areas of shadow, red appears in those of light. Toward the front a purplish red is shadow. To the right is the dark shape of the very close rock.

The current state of the painting is seen directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Kollar said...

Howdy!

I know it's been a while, I switched back to Safari because Chrome was just too much grief. I need to get my RSS feeds back somehow or another.

Looks like you've hit on a way to work faster without losing anything, which is great!

4:20 PM  
Blogger boran2 said...

Hi Larry! I've been using a browser called TenFourFox, based on Mozilla software. It works well with my old powerbook. (running Mac 10.4)

Yep, this grid thing is working out pretty well.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home