Friday, May 17, 2013

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.405

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the painting of the gothic Cape May house. The photo that I will be using is seen directly below. I will be using my usual acrylics on an 8x10 canvas.

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does directly below.

Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.

There are many changes for this week. The house has had virtually every element refined. Starting at the top, the roof and chimney (slightly oversized) have both received another layer of paint. (Or several in the case of the chimney.) I hadn't planned on making everything blue but it seems to work. The roof has a slightly blotchy surface, indicative of some texture. The chimney has the same blue used as shadow offset with gray for the lit areas.

Moving downward, all windows have been finished, once again in various versions of the same blue. I've attempted to make a heavier line toward the right side of the windows, indicating the direction of the lighting. Moving on to the porch roof, the same color of the upper roof is offset by the highlighted triangular section. The porch below is in shadow composed of a mixture of the same blue and gray seen above. I've added the details of the porch posts and finished the bay window. Finally, I've completed the siding surrounding it all with a lightened version of the same blue. Note the flagpole out front, still waiting for completion of the flag.

The current state of the painting is seen directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home