Friday, March 29, 2013

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.398

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the painting of the 1949 Packard. I'm using my usual acrylic paints on a large 20x20 inch gallery-wrapped canvas. The photo that I am using is seen directly below.

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.

Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.

I've been busy. First of all, I have straightened the righthand bumperguard. It was rather obviously out of line but now stands proudly erect. Moving to the left, the bumper face has been painted to match the earlier section. Moving further, the lefthand bumperguard has now been fully painted. Note that it mirrors the grille above as does the one to the right side. After that, I continued to paint the far end of the bumper. With that completed, there are only minor details on the grille and bumper. to be completed. It is now finally time to move to the headlights above, but that will be for next week.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Kollar said...

Lookin' great! Are you going to make the hood shinier, too? Maybe week after next?

7:33 AM  
Blogger boran2 said...

Thanks Larry! Yep, see this week's installment for shinier highlights.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home