Friday, October 05, 2012

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.373

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be starting an entirely new painting. We're headed out west for a refreshing change. I'm painting from a photo I took on the trail around Bell Rock in Sedona, Arizona. The photo that I'm using is seen directly below.

I started this piece by blocking out the main elements. These I did in colors that are very different from the layers that are yet to come. I wanted to experiment a bit as I did in the last one. That sky will eventually be dominated by blue but the first brownish layer, seen below, will show through in at least a small way. Anyway, it would make for an interesting abstract painting if I was to stop here. I will continue to add layers and refine things in the weeks to come.

The current of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Kollar said...

This looks like the visual version of a guest blog post I'm working on. Elements placed, but no details and the colors are off. ;-) In both cases, our finished products will look much different!

9:54 AM  
Blogger boran2 said...

Let's hope so! :-)
But you're right, the elements are placed, one of the most important aspects.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home