Friday, October 19, 2012

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.375

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the painting of Bell Rock in Sedona, Arizona. The photo that I'm using is seen directly below.

I'm using my usual acrylic paints on a 9x12 inch gallery-wrapped (frameless) canvas..

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.

Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.

I finally started the green area at the foot of Bell Rock and on the other side of the trail. Yes, it looks a bit like the cemetery at Boot Hill right now. I had some difficulty getting things to look right. I had to reverse a bit and paint those blue areas. These will provide a base upon which I will attempt, once again, to build the junipers seen in the photo. There is much left to do and I'm not particularly happy with this piece right now. I'll hope (and try) for the best.

The current of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Kollar said...

Don't know why I missed last week. Huge progress. The 3D-ness just kind of burst out of the canvas this time. I'm sure you'll find the right combination of magic paint to turn those tombstones into trees! ;-)

6:09 AM  
Blogger boran2 said...

Thanks Larry! It would be a shame to have a burial ground alongside the trail. ;-)

Actually, I've come a long way this week. Can't wait to post it.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home