Friday, January 27, 2012

Saturday Painting Palooza Volume 337

Hello again painting fans.








This week I'll be starting a new painting. We're headed out west to Sedona, Arizona, one of my favorite places. I'm painting a scene viewed directly from highway 89. It is seen in the photo directly below. I snapped this one on my trip there last August. I'll be using my usual acrylic paints on a 8x10 inch canvas.



Highway 89 is the main road through town. This scene is just south of the touristy area of Sedona. The photo has actually been cropped a bit, removing the roadway from view. I like seeing the house with the buttes to the rear. These and other redrock buttes are seen throughout the town


I started this piece by delineating the broad areas of the painting. Sky, buttes, house and foreground were mapped out in different shades.


The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now. Next week I'll have more progress to show you. See you then. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.


Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Kollar said...

You'd have a good-looking piece just continuing the dark background foliage into the foreground & omitting the house altogether. Nice start!

11:53 PM  
Blogger boran2 said...

Thanks Far! I am going to keep this one fairly simple, and quick.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home