Friday, January 13, 2012

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.335

Hello again painting fans.







This week I'll be continuing with the painting of the Physick Estate in Cape May, New Jersey. It is seen in the photo directly below.


I'll be using my usual acrylic paints on a 12x12 inch canvas.



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.


The changes this week are many. First, there are those 2 trees. I've leafed them out a bit. Note that the highlights fall toward the top as with the house behind them. I then continued down to more green, the lawn. It now better defines the two narrow paths to the house. Note that the tree to the right now sprouts from the correct side of the path to the right. Those paths now lead to the steps, or what will be steps. I've also marked out the area for bushes between the two sets of steps. Finally, I've also tweaked and added details to the house, including the second story shutters.


The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now. Next week I'll have more progress to show you. See you then. As
always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.


Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Kollar said...

Seriously, I think you've nailed the trees — best I've seen in your series. I'd call those done. The rest of it's coming along nicely, too.

If you were serious about attempting a book cover painting, give me an email addy (mine's in my profile) and I'll shoot the story your way. Let me know if you have an eReader or would prefer something printable like RTF or PDF. Thanks!

11:09 PM  
Blogger boran2 said...

Far, I'd love to see your story. I'll send an email. Thanks about the trees, I was just ready to fiddle with the smaller one. BTW, I just sold the painting of the Packard with reflections on the hood. Woohoo! I shipped it to Alaska today.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home