Friday, July 02, 2010

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.256

Hello again painting fans.





This week I'll be continuing with the Arizona saguaro painting. The photo that I will be using is seen directly below.



I will be using my usual acrylics on a 5 by 5 inch gallery-style canvas.(This is a thicker canvas similar to the one used in the Cape May 2nd Empire house painted just prior to this piece.)


When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.


I've actually addressed all 3 sections of the painting in some way. At the rear, the sky has received an additional layer of white and blue paint bringing it one step closer to completion. The far mountains are now a solid mass with green highlights against blue shadows. I may have to lighten things here just a bit before this is done but for now my attention will be directed to other parts of the piece. Finally, the mid and foreground have no been painted in a olid blue. It is ready to receive various details.


The current state of the painting is seen in the photo irectly below. (Excuse my blurry photography.)



That's about it for now. Next week I'll have more progress to show you. See you then. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.


Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Kollar said...

From my POV, the mountains are perfect.

10:13 PM  
Blogger boran2 said...

Thanks Far! I've actually made them a little more perfect for next week. ;-)

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home