Friday, June 18, 2010

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.254

Hello again painting fans.




This week I'll be continuing with the Cape May Second Empire house seen directly below. I'm painting the house from a slightly different angle showing just a bit more of the left side.



I will be using my usual acrylics on a 6 by 6 inch gallery-style canvas.(This is a thicker canvas similar to the one used in the Hudson river scene.)


When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.


I continued by first adding another thin layer of watery white paint fading slightly the overly bright colors of the house. At least they seemed overly bright to my color blind eyes. Unfortunately, the prior photo (above) was a poor image and does not make for a good comparison with the photo below. I then moved on to the tree to the extreme left side followed by the lawn, front steps and railings. Finally, I added the old iron fence and curb in the extreme foreground. (I've also revised the sky and right underside of the porch roof.) The painting is now complete.


Seen in the photo directly below is the current (and final) state of the painting.



I'm okay with this piece but would add more contrast were I to do it again. What do you think?


That's about it for now. Next week I'll have a new painting to show you. See you then. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.


Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Kollar said...

Yay, done!

I think the contrast between the house & other elements is fine, it's the house itself that needs some additional contrast. But the lines are clear and sharp, and that's good.

10:30 AM  
Blogger boran2 said...

Thanks Far! Yeah, I would make the shadows on the house darker if I did this one again.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home