Friday, November 18, 2011

Saturday Painting Palooza Volume 327

Hello again painting fans.








This week I'll be with the painting of the Physick Estate in Cape May, New Jersey. It is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll be using my usual acrylic paints on a 12x12 inch canvas.





When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.





Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.



I don't believe that I've ever applied so much paint to a canvas in a single week. Almost all of the white is now covered with paint. I've added a grayish blue to the entire body of the house. Where the sky was still unpainted I added the same color. The effect is that the house now appears to emerge from its background. It's not what I was originally going for but it makes for interesting effect. I'll likely take a more conventional approach when I next work on this piece.



The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.





That's about it for now. Next week I'll have more progress to show you. See you then. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.


Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Kollar said...

I see what you mean about starting to stand out. Looks like you had a good week of painting!

10:15 PM  
Blogger boran2 said...

Yep, I got to put lots of paint on the canvas. Now I just have to figure out where I go from here. ;-)

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home