Friday, July 31, 2009

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.208

Hello again painting fans.





This week we'll be continuing with our 2 new paintings.


The photos that I will be using are seen directly below. The first photo shows the

Monument Rocks in Kansas. Seen below that photo is one depicting a decrepit 1950 Hudson.




I'll be using my usual acrylics on 8x10 canvases.


For this week's installment, I've continued with the old Hudson.


When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time I've continued to work on the painting.


I've continued (yet again) to refine the surface of the old Hudson. Unfortunately my son broke his nose earlier this week while at camp and I wasn't able to do much. I have continued to add details to the Hudson including bumpers, tailights and various pieces of chrome trim. The door handles are in place and almost ready to receive the shadows seen in the photo.


Underneath I've added to the wheels and pavement area. The wheels have been defined but will receive further attention in the coming weeks. The roadway and shadow have each been given a further layer of paint. I really like the sunlit ground area though it is not at all like that seen in the photo.


The current state of the painting is seen directly below.



That's about it for now. Next week I'll have more progress to show you. See you then. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.


Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home