Friday, July 17, 2009

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.206

Hello again painting fans.





This week we'll be continuing with our 2 new paintings.


The photos that I will be using are seen directly below. The first photo shows the Monument Rocks in Kansas. Seen below that photo is one depicting a decrepit 1950 Hudson.




I'll be using my usual acrylics on 8x10 canvases.


For this week's installment, I've continued with the old Hudson.


When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time I've continued to work on the painting.


I've continued to refine the Hudson. Layers of red and ochre have been added to give the impression of rust. The surface is now a uniform reddish brown color.


I've also reshaped the side windows a bit. The separating bar now appears in the backlight. Also making their first appearances are the various seams and body divisions. These will be refined and thinned a bit before the piece is done but at least the placement is fairly accurate.


The current state of the painting is seen directly below.



That's about it for now. Next week I'll have more progress to show you. See you then. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.


Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home