Friday, April 10, 2009

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.192

Hello again painting fans.





This week we'll be starting a new painting. The photo that I'm using is seen directly below.




Yes, yes, I know. It's another Hudson. But just look at how this 1949 model is lit. Only the front end protrudes from the garage into the bright light. The rest is hidden within the shadow of the building. And you've got to love that dent in the hood. It will make for a very interesting painting. And I'm just not yet ready to leave this subject matter.


I'll be using my usual acrylics on an 8x10 canvas, my favorite size. It's easily managed, unlike larger canvases.


Seen in a period advertisement directly below is a similar Hudson.



I've begun with an outline of all the major elements. This is a crucial phase because moving elements is difficult when things are underway. So far, I'm satisfied with the placement of things and the details of the car.


The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now. Next week I'll have more progress to show you. See you then. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.


Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home