Friday, March 27, 2009

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.190

Hello again painting fans.





This week we'll be continuing with the painting of the 1952 Hudson. The photo that I'm using is seen directly below.





I'll be using my usual acrylics on a 9x12.


Seen in a period advertisement directly below is a similar Hudson.



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.


I've added a few new details to interior elements seen through the rear window. What is apparently part of the seat is now white as it is in the photo. Additionally, the hanging headliner is now more of an ochre color.


Next, I moved on to the shadow to the right of the car. It is done with the same blue seen in other parts of the painting, here mixed with a bit of black and white. I've painted linear variations in the shadow that lead the eye into the painting. And where the eye is led is to the rear of the painting, a portion of which still needs some work.


That rearmost area is where I will continue my efforts for next week. It loosely mirrors the background seen in the original photo. But I'm just not happy with it yet. I'll probably simplify some of it including that leaning board that creates the broken shadow. Feel free to post your comments about the background below.


The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now. Next week I'll have more progress to show you. See you then. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.


Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home