Friday, February 06, 2009

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.183

Welcome back.





This week we'll be continuin with the painting of the 1952 Hudson. The photo that I'm using is seen directly below.





I'll be using my usual acrylics ona 9x12.


Seen in a period advertisement directly below is a similar Hudson.



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.


I have begun the various chrome and rubber elements that surround the Hudson's windows. Starting with some white and blue paint, I have painted the outlines and surface features that help define the distinctive shape of this vehicle. Note that the long curved linear feature will be considerably less prominent in the final phase of the painting. I've just placed it for now.


The side windows have been reshaped slightly but will undergo further refinement, especially the important triangular one closest to the viewer. Finally, the excess blue and white paint was spread accross the shadowed ground.


The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now. Next week I'll have more progress to show you. See you then. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.


Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home