Friday, June 27, 2008

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.151

Welcome back.





This week we will be continuing with the painting of the (West) Cape May Victorian house. The photo that I'm using is seen directly below.





I am doing this piece in my usual acrylics in an 8x10 format.



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.





Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.

Looking at the above version of the painting you will notice that the porch seems to curve upward along its bottom right edge. I've straightened it a bit. It's one of those little things that bothered me but that few will ever notice.

I've also started the lawn. The painting seems less edgy (or moody) with the green lawn. I'll likely make it a bit brighter but with some very dark shadows. I've also added the shadow cast by the house on the far right side.

Finally, I've started the front path. I will be changing the shape to be more like that of the photo. The photo path just seems to have a better point of perspective.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now. I'll see you next week with more progress on this piece. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home