Friday, June 20, 2008

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.150

Welcome back.





This week we will be continuing with the painting of the (West) Cape May Victorian house. The photo that I'm using is seen directly below.





I am doing this piece in my usual acrylics in an 8x10 format.



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.





Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.

When I put these posts together I'm always aware of showing a readily visible difference from week to week while still having a gradual progression. Sometimes I go too far. This may be one of those weeks.

Since last week, I've done considerable work on the roof, windows, porch and the siding all around. All of these items are now seen in what is close to their final versions.

The roof now has a clearly defined separation between light and shadow. The windows are now an appropriate size and shape. They have light and darkened areas consistent with the photo. The porch, now dramatically different, has most of its details and shadows. Finally, the siding has more light blue and less brown. It has less of a shabby and/or unfinished appearance.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now. I'll see you next week with more progress on this piece. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home