Friday, June 06, 2008

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.148

Welcome back.





This week we will be continuing with the painting of the (West) Cape May Victorian house. The photo that I'm using is seen directly below.





I am doing this piece in my usual acrylics in an 8x10 format.



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.





Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.



I've started painting the dark and light areas of the roof. Note how the shadowed area carries over from the front-facing gable over to the side gable.

Appearing for the first time are the windows, or at least their initial paint layer. At this point I'm mostly concerned with their placement. Their size will be adjusted a bit later on.

I've also divided the 3 arched areas of the porch. I will add the actual arches and detail later on.

Finally, I've dragged a bit of paint across the foreground. This is just for the purpose of getting a better idea of how the pieces will eventually fit together.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now. I'll see you next week with more progress on this piece. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home