Friday, June 13, 2008

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.149

Welcome back.





This week we will be continuing with the painting of the (West) Cape May Victorian house. The photo that I'm using is seen directly below.





I am doing this piece in my usual acrylics in an 8x10 format.



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.





Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.



I've continued to paint the body colors of the house. The color to the left side is actually a very light blue rather than the white of the photo. The shadowed color to the right is the same blue with less white added.



Also receiving attention are the windows. Those on the left side of the house are darker than the lighter blue ones to the right. These will change before we are done. They are too large and not the color(s) that I want.

Finally, the bay window has been painted on the left side. It has a shadowed three dimensional appearance. More shadowing will be added before we are done.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now. I'll see you next week with more progress on this piece. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home