Friday, February 22, 2008

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.133

Welcome back.






This week we will be continuing with our scene from the Sonoran desert area. This is an 8x10 canvas using my usual acrylics.

The subject photo is seen directly below.



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.

Perhaps the term continued to work is something of an understatement. Things got going fairly well and I failed to stop to take photos of various stages of the piece. In my enthusiasm I didn't think about it until things had changed considerably.

I'll attempt to set forth the changes. I've addressed a number of areas, including the sky which is now starting to gain a bit of color. It will change again before I'm done.

I've also added a number of ancillary cacti and painted in some of the details. Shadow is seen in blue against the green body color.

Additional details have been added to the foreground. Various small plants are now seen, with highlighted and shadowed areas.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



Next week I'll have some additional details.

That's about it for now. I'll see you next week. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home