Friday, October 12, 2007

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.114

Welcome back.





This week we'll be continuing with our 5x7 painting of Arizona's Grand Canyon. The photo of our subject is seen in the photo directly below. (For those new to this series, I will be using my usual acrylics.)



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time I have continued to work on the painting. I have made changes to almost every surface except for the sky. I have once again changed the foreground butte adding back dark shadows that were eliminated earlier. These are more in keeping with those in the original photo.

There is now more red in the dark shadowed areas. Also, pink has been painted on the buttes far to the rear. I have also added highlights to the medium distance buttes and closed in some areas where too much dark shadow appeared.

I now consider the painting to be finished. The current state of the painting appears in the photo directly below.



For the frame fetishists amongst us, I have placed it in a 5x7 frame that I had. It is seen directly below.



Next week I'll start with an entirely new piece in an 8x10 format. That's about it for now, see you next week.

As always, feel free to post your own works below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home