Friday, September 28, 2007

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.112

Welcome back.





This week we'll be continuing with our 5x7 painting of Arizona's Grand Canyon. The photo of our subject is seen in the photo directly below. (For those new to this series, I will be using my usual acrylics.)



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time I have continued to work on the painting. (But not to the extent that I would have liked.) I have concentrated my efforts on the central dark shadowed area. I have now painted in most of it but there will probably be a thin layer over it. The elements are now starting to look tied together. The "islands" are now starting to live up to that title. It is interesting how a relatively small change has had a large impact. Of course, there are many things still left to do. Maybe I'll have some clouds next week.

The current state of the painting is shown in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now, see you next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home