Saturday, January 30, 2016

Saturdy Painting Palooza Vol.546

This week I will be continuing with the towered Victorian painting. I am using the photo seen directly below. I'll be using my usual acrylic paints on an 8x8 inch canvas.

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.

Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.

Starting at the top, I've added a lit area to the tip of the turret. The corresponding tip shadow just below is now highlighted in the same color. To the left, the entire left side of the house has been overpainted in a pale yellow. I just prefer the look of this color to the plain white. Changes to the trees and lawn are simple. I've added some lit areas to each. The half hidden building in the left side shrubbery appears in shadow. With these changes the painting is complete.

The current and final state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have a new painting to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home