Friday, December 04, 2015

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.538

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the painting of the Grand Canyon. I am using the photo seen directly below. I'll be using my usual acrylic paints on an 10x10 inch canvas.

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.

Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.

I've continued to refine the image. The shadowed portions have now taken on a nice blue color. I've also taken a step back with the detail in the shadows: there is now much less of it. I've started adding details to the orange lit areas. Note the ridges of yellow. Finally, I've refined the bush/tree a bit. We're close to the end now.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home