Friday, December 25, 2009

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.229

Hello again painting fans.









This week I'll be starting a new painting. This one, like the last, is a structure in Cape May, New Jersey. I will be using the photo seen directly below.



I took this photo this past May. This structure probably started life as a residence but has since found other purposes. It has suffered some unfortunate "renovations" but is largely intact. Anyway, the form and shadows appealed to me.


I'll be using my usual acrylics on a 5 by 5 inch canvas. (Yes, it's a small one.)


As usual, the placement on the canvas of the first few lines sets the path for all the comes after. I've begun by painting the outline of the structure. Around the building, I've left only a small amount of space. This worked well in the prior piece. I've also painted in some of the details for purposes of illustration.


The current state of the painting is seen directly below.



That's about it for now. Next week I'll have more progress to show you. See you then. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.


Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home