Friday, May 30, 2008

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.147

Welcome back.





This week we will be continuing with the new painting of the Cape May Victorian started in last week's installment. The photo that I'm using is seen directly below.





I am doing this piece in my usual acrylics in an 8x10 format.



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.





Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.



Unfortunately, I did not get as much done as I would have liked. I'll attribute that to a certain 9 year old boy that has this habit of monopolizing my free time.



What I have done is paint in the blue of the sky, or at least the first layers of what will be the sky. The brown still shows through at this point. I'm still deciding exactly how I want the sky to appear when it's all done. I'll need to make that decision before going any further with it.



I've also started to paint in the shadowed areas of the house. This was done with paint left over from the sky. Those areas will be more of a blue-gray when complete.



The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.





That's about it for now. I'll see you next week with more progress on this piece. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home