Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Going Back

Going back to work today after 4 days off was very difficult. Although I have spent considerable time getting to the place I am now (law school and many years of practice), it's clear that I won't have patience to this for an extended period of time. Oh, I'll do it for a good while longer, but I'm planning to do something else. That's one of the reasons that I push myself to paint regularly. With each new work I learn more and come closer to my goal of painting for a living.

I've actually been messing around with paints since I was a teenager, but it's only with the advent of my painting posts that I've kept a regular pace. There are many old canvases sitting around now, some of little merit. But my stock of good ones is growing.

We're planning to create a CD of these better ones to show some galleries out west. (They deal in the subject matter that I paint.) Hopefully this will be the start of things, the foot in the door, so to speak. I'll post about any progress that I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home