Friday, December 07, 2007

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.122

Welcome back.





This week we will be continuing with our Sonoran area scene, using the photo seen directly below.



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



In last week's installment, I received an education about underpainting courtesy of links provided by several commenters. After studying some of those I repainted the red on the sky area. I then painted over it in blue without totally obliterating the underpainting as I did the first time. I did note that the second red underpainting came out darker thatn the first time.

As to that sky, I painted a cloud to the right side with a bit more definition than is seen in the original photo. I may change it to have a little more contrast between the blue and white before we are done.

I continued on to the background mountains. The darker body color went on first, the yellowish green highlits were painted afterwards. Here too, a bit more contrast may be needed. I intended to have the body color a bit bluer.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now, see you next week when we'll have some progress on the cacti.

As usual, feel free to post photos of your own work in the comments section below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home