Friday, December 14, 2007

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.123

Welcome back.





This week we will be continuing with our Sonoran area scene, using the photo seen directly below.



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time I have continued to work on the painting. Although I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, I felt that the changes are instructive.

I've done further work on the hills to the rear. They are now closer in color to the blue that is seen in the original photo. It actually took a few tries to get the color right. I've also repainted the highlighted areas on the upper edges to go along with the new body color. I'm much happier with the result.

Work has also been done on the cacti. I've overpainted them in a much more appropriate green color. There will be some further changes but I'm fairly happy with the color. What is interesting is that the red surrounding the cacti appears a bit less intense even though it has not been altered in any way. (Or perhaps it is just my aging monitor!)

The present state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now, see you next week with more changes.

As usual, feel free to post photos of your own work in the comments section below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home