Friday, December 28, 2007

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.125

Welcome back.





This week we will be continuing with our 8x10 Sonoran area scene, using the photo seen directly below. I'm using my usual acrylics.



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



I've actually completed the painting. Let me set forth the changes.

To the cacti I've added yellow highlighting to the right of each as well as blue shadowing to the left. They now have a rounded three dimensional appearance. The yellow highlighting on the mountains has been enhanced to be consistent with that of the cacti.

Shadowing has been added to the ground beneath the cacti serving to firmly root each into the composition. The blue I've used is the same as that used on the cacti, once gain, providing consistency or continuity. The ground has been left wit simple shadows and highlights.

The large cloud is now lit from the right, as it should have been all along.

The final painting is seen in the photo directly below.



I'm very pleased with this one and have even splurged and ordered a decent frame (# 6300) that I should receive in a week or two. I'm happy with the results of underpainting and will use it in my future work.

That's about it for now. Next week I'll be starting a new piece. I'll see you then.

As always, feel free to post photos of your own work in the comment section below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home