Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.107

Welcome back.





This week we'll be continuing with our 5x7 painting of Arizona's Grand Canyon. The photo of our subject is seen in the photo directly below. (For those new to this series, I will be using my usual acrylics.)



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.

Still multitasking, I darkened the left side shadowed area. I was hoping to start to see those islands floating in shadow as seen in the photo, but I'm not quite there yet. It still needs some work to bring out that effect. But at least the color is now much closer to what it should be. (I was still packing when I was doing this.)

The present state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now. I'll see you next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home