Friday, August 10, 2007

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.105

Welcome back.





This week we'll be continuing with our painting of Arizona's Grand Canyon. The photo of our subject is seen in the photo directly below. (For those new to this series, I will be using my usual acrylics.)



When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.

I have worked to define the lit areas to the left of the foreground butte. To my eye, those lit areas are islands in a sea of shadow. Accordingly, I have spent time to define those islands, seen as red in the photo directly below. It will make my job easier in future installments of this cycle. Note that the vast shadowed area to the left of the butte still awaits its first coat of paint. Note further that those colors seen in the photo are only preliminary and will change later on.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now. I'll see you next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home