Friday, July 27, 2007

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.103

Welcome back.





his week we'll be taking a one week diversion. We'll be looking a two of our recent works, previously seen as unadorned pieces, now fully framed.

The first is our most recent work, finished last week. When last seen, it appeared as it did in the photo directly below.



Here is how it now appears in its modestly priced photo frame. (This piece is 5x7.)



I thought that the grooves continued the lines in the building. It works fairly well and saved the cost of an expensive frame.

Next up is the work immediatel prior, the Arizona used car lot. When last seen, it appeared as it does in the photo directly below.




I've added a frame that I finished myself. It was bare poplar, I believe. I've finished it by adding acrylic red and metallic gold to some paste wax. Then I rubbed the mixture onto the frame, rubbing it to a sheen after allowing for some drying time. The photo does not capture the metallic sheen but it is there. It is seen directly below.



Of course, framing is an art in itself. My efforts here are just illustrations of possible solutions, but I have no great knowledge of framing.

That's it for now, see you next week with a new piece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home