Friday, October 14, 2016

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.583

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the Nyack, New York 2nd Empire Victorian. The photo I'm using is seen directly below. I'll be using my usual acrylic paints on a 5x7 inch canvas.

When last seen the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.

Since that time I have continued to work on the painting.

For this week's cycle I've finally started to address the driveway and garden. For the driveway, walk and street I've mixed a warm brownish color. The street and driveway have a bit of gray as well and appear just a bit darker, consistent with the photo. I was putting off the color choice but this seems to work fairly well. In the street I've added the shadow made by the curb directly in front of the house. As to the garden, it will need more work but the edges have been cleaned up a bit. Finally, to the far rear, the tree and fence have been revised. Both the tree and fence are now better delineated.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home