Friday, September 02, 2016

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.577

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be starting an entirely new painting. I am using the photo seen directly below. It is another 2nd Empire Victorian, this one in Nyack, New York. Well, at least the tower is 2nd Empire. It actually looks like a bit of a mongrel. It stands on a slope overlooking the Hudson river. I'll be using my usual acrylic paints on a 5x7 inch canvas.

I started with my usual grid and pencil sketch. I then added some blue paint to my sketch. It's a good start.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home