Friday, February 13, 2015

Saturday Painting Palooza Vol.496

Hello again painting fans.

This week I will be continuing with the painting of the Boeing C-97 in my extended detour from the Cape May 2nd Empire Victorian house. I will be using my usual acrylics on an 10 by 10 inch gallery-wrapped canvas. I will be using the photo seen directly below.

When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo seen directly below.

Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.

I'll start at the bottom. The shadow and surrounding ground have both been heavily revised. I've had to create a shadow that might be appropriate as the photo offered only a shaded foreground. I've also lightened those colors a bit. The front landing gear has been revised as well. Note that the base is flattened to suggest that the plane has been sitting in place for some time. Above, both engines a propellers have been repainted. The propeller to the right has been reshaped for accuracy. Finally, blue hills have been added to the far rear. I'll be finished for next week's installment.

The current state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.

I'll have more progress to show you next week. See you then.

Earlier paintings in this series can be seen here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home