Friday, July 15, 2011

Saturday Painting Palooza Volume 309

Hello again painting fans.







This week I'll be continuing with the painting of the Ferrari F430. I will be using the photo seen directly below.



I'm using my usual acrylic paints on a 5x7 canvas.


When last seen, the painting appeared as it does in the photo directly below.



Since that time, I have continued to work on the painting.


This week I've finally addressed the long-suffering background. I did not want to paint the background seen in the photo. After some consideration, I settled on a simple mound with a thin bit of sky at the top. I'm not sure if this is a mountain or just some large shrubs, but it works for me. And with that, the painting is done.


The current, and final, state of the painting is seen in the photo directly below.



That's about it for now. Next week I'll have an entirely new piece to show you. See you then. As always, feel free to add photos of your own work in the comments section below.


Earlier paintings in this series can be seen href="http://paloozapaintings.blogspot.com/">here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry Kollar said...

If you can't own one, paint one, right?

You either did some fixing on the reflections, or improved the photo lighting from last week — the reflections really look shiny now & give more dimension to the car than before. Sweet car, sweet painting.

It'll be interesting to see what's happening next week!

10:27 PM  
Blogger boran2 said...

Thanks Far! I did use better lighting this time around. The earlier version had that faded look. This week's actually looks like the real painting. I am happy with this one. Next week will bring something a bit more familiar. ;-)

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home